12.10.2010

winter light...



I love how much these two shots remind me how bright and beautiful Winter can be when the sun is shining. Cold days don't seem quite as harsh when the wind has died down and the sun comes out to play. Plus, it floods your home with so much natural light reflecting off all that snow. Loving this simple tabletop tree... small, but still real! The garland looks great too with pretty glass ornaments hanging down, don't you think?

Sigh... there are SO many great holiday decor ideas out there! Makes me want to keep changing mine, lol...

I had the girls over tonight for a little pre-holiday dinner and an overdue get together, complete with Christmas crackers! It's was good to get the holidays started with something fun... this weekend it's dinner with my boyfriend's family on Sunday and then the following weekend we're having our families over to my place! Any great hors d'oeuvres idea out there? What are you up to this weekend?

Photos: Scans by myself - Dress, Design & Decor, from Style At Home, December 2009, photography Virgina McDonald and Donna Griffith

9 comments:

Erin*Sparkle&Hay said...

oh my - both of these are so perfect!! love the homey chic holiday feeling!

classiq said...

it all looks so warm and cozy! this wekend i'm still decorating for Christmas and heading for a party, it should be fun. Have a great weekend!

marmaladie said...

I don't mean to spam, but the title immediately reminded me of Tim Finn's beautiful song, 'Winter Light'. Maybe you've heard of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMNNz-rZ2IY

Beautiful pics, as always. I get inspired every day from your blog alone! ^^

Priscila Peters said...

Lovely images. I adore that tree, it's so elegant...

Splendid Sass said...

I just love this tree!
Have a nice day.
Teresa

Miz.November said...

I'm thinking that a small tree is the perfect idea. I may have to go that route next year.

Ambyr said...

We just had a great holiday party... the decor was silver, giving a modern touch to the holiday times. For hors d'oeuvres we had mini salmon locks on rye bread, you cut it into small squares, they were a hit. We also had the zuccini cut into 1 inch chunks, melon ball out the insides to make a mini bowl and stuff with fancy cheese, bake for a few minutes until they melt. They were great!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Very pretty and love holiday crackers- one of my favourite things about Christmas- have a great weekend!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

I have some great appetizer recipes on my blog here:

http://www.theiconicblog.com/?p=2300

Come visit!xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin