1.24.2011

shades of sunnier days...





Hello, hello! A late start to the week today, but definitely a busy one! It's been a chilly -20˚C here the past few days with icy winds and snowy skies, that I think I've finally given up on Winter. I'm definitely looking forward to the lighter days of Spring where pretty pastels feel right at home, like in this perfect Parisian apartment. Light-coloured hues of pink and coral, cream and blue, purple and soft greys help to showcase it's many architectural details. Not to mention the feeling of warmth and happiness... isn't this place amazing? The moulding and intricately carved details are just beautiful. Not to mention the mirrored walls! Sigh... oh to live in Paris...

Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor - Apartment by Alan Powers, photographer Chris Everard

10 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh my, may I pack my bags and move in right this moment? Actually, I take that back, forget the bags, I will grab my purse, Visa and go :) This place is perfection, with abundantly beautiful details throughout -- I think I'm in love...

Hope you have a wonderful Monday, Daniella, xoxo

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Beautiful! I'm definitely longing for warmer weather in this -20 something nonsense that's going on.

George Willess said...

Very beautiful photos, and very romantic indeed. Love the colors used throughout, and the flooring matches perfectly! Thanks for sharing these and I hope that the weather gets warm soon enough for you :)

iva yaneva said...

Oh, wow! These photos just blew my mind! <3

Paper Heart Girl said...

I love these pictures, the rooms are so serene!

alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

xxxxx

María said...

I can understand you are looking forward to the Spring. -20°C is very cold! gorgeous images. xxx

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Beautiful colors and shades. And those paned windows and enormous shutters. Exquisite.

Fidji said...

Daniella,

It is through your wonderful and curious and interested eyes that you makes us French girls see how much charm all those old houses have. We would be more tempted to look at very modern design but the truth is : it is you who is right; those old mansions are just CHARM itself.

Thank you for opening our eyes.

Fidji from irresistibleparis.blogspot.com

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Ugh, if only... Gorgeous!

Ann On and On... said...

The high ceiling are amazing.... love the photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin