2.22.2011

happy tuesday...





Hello everyone... back from a lovely long weekend, hope you had a great one too! I did a whole lot of relaxing, sleeping in, and a little bit of reading, which was nice. Even though we got a little snow this weekend, it was still bright and sunny for the most part. I love how the sunlight looks in certain rooms, like this beautiful apartment above, by designer Anna Boyd. Doesn't it just feel warm and "homey"? I love all the light honey-comb colours and natural wood. I've also been having this obsession with piled books and magazines paired with pretty bowls... it's a vignette that looks quite "lived-in" to me, like you could just toss your keys in the bowl, pick up a favourite mag and collapse into the couch...

Hope your week goes smoothly!

Photos: Scans by myself from Apartment by Alan Powers, designer Anna Boyd, photos Chris Everard

12 comments:

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Aren't long weekends the best? I wish every weekend could last 3 days :)

mika said...

hi :) i like the photos so beautiful

Daniella said...

Renee - Those three days off actually felt long this time!

Mika - Glad you do!

Life via Fashion said...

Wish I spent my weekend in this gorgeous layout instead of my small Manhattan Apartment! haha!
I'm a new follower... Look forward to reading more of your posts!

Best,
Andrea
LifeviaFashion.com

Daniella said...

Andrea - Lucky to be in Manhattan though! Thanks for following :)

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Love the color (or lack of) and the symmetry of the stacked books and mags in the first shots. More angles than curves. Even the painting above the sofa. Excellent.

María said...

Absolutely serene interiors. the colours, textures, light, everything is harmony. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! I am definitely reblogging this on tumblr. http://grassandbluesky.tumblr.com/

Daniella said...

Thanks Maria!

Glad you like it Becky! Just be sure to link back :)

silvia Navarro said...

so cute!!!
beautiful post!!!
love it!!!=P
xx
now follow u

Elizabeth Jaime said...

Love all your posts. They add serenity to my somewhat hectic days.

x

Elizabeth
www.inbetweenseams.com

Linn Therese Forgard/Røysland said...

I like the pictures. Eg likar bileta. Me har masse snø her i Noreg. Kunne ønska at solen kikka fram.I have a real scandinavian snowstor where I am... Spring please come;)

Have a nice week!
hugs Villa Bjorkhaug

Blog Widget by LinkWithin