2.11.2011

love of florals...






Friday has arrived and Valentine's weekend is upon us... can you believe it's mid-February already? With themes of pink and red all over, I can't help but gravitate towards pretty floral patterns in the same hues. Afterall, flowers and Valentine's Day seem to go hand in hand. And yes, i'm one of those people... I actually really like Valentine's Day. It's a nice time to focus on loving moments with family, friends and significant others. And yes, we should be doing that all year long, but this once-a-year celebration makes it all the more fun, don't you think?

I'd love to know what your plans are for the weekend! Any fun Valentine's baking or crafts? I hope you have a fun one no matter what you're up to and thanks so much for stopping by Dress, Design & Decor. This week was a busy one, but I loved reading all your comments and emails!

On Monday, i'll be drawing the winner for the $100 ShopBop gift card, so be sure to enter by leaving a comment here. Enjoy the weekend... and some links...


Photos: All scans by myself from Comforts of Home by Caroline Clifton-Mogg (please link back), Photographers: 1&3-Lisa Cohen, 2-Debi Treloar 4&5-Polly Wreford

16 comments:

Trish said...

Bon weekend dearest Daniella! Busy weekend here, taking my niece to see Justin Bieber tomorrow with her girlfriends (OMG!! What have I gotten myself into! :) ) and then some busy errands and a lovely Valentine dinner on Sunday with my sweetheart. Hope it is a weekend full of love and joy for you too! Thanks for all the joy YOU share with us! :)

Daniella said...

Trish - Oh my! That will be all kinds of fun with all those screaming girls! lol... Hope you have a lovely time and thanks for your sweet comment :) Have a great dinner!

ma vie en rose said...

These are such lovely images! Very French General style - I love that store. Too bad I live in NYC! (Not that I find myself saying that very often...). I'm not sure if I have ever commented before (I'm SO BAD at it) but I love love love your blog. Maybe I should add one more love for good measure? It's almost Valentine's Day, right?

Anyways, thank you. I always look forward to your images and links.

melody-mae said...

oh my goodness...these florals were beautiful! I am partial to the comfy floral overstuffed chair and the stack of old suitcases next to it!!! Swooning!

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Love the soft florals, very Cabbages and Roses. Have a great Valentines Day weekend!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

So pretty and thanks so much for including my post in your links;) xo

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

Happy Valentine's Day weekend!!

Her name was Lola said...

What loveliness! Have a very happy {and romantical} weekend, darling. xo Lola

Splenderosa said...

So pretty, so cozy, so comfy. Easy to love this look. Happy Valentine's Day, Daniella !!
xx's

a Broad said...

I could just lose myself in those photos !
I must start collecting fabric and pillow cases and blankets etc in those faded beautiful prints.
Right now, about all I have is red and white toile .. but it is a start !
chau, C !

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Thanks for the link, Daniella. Hope you're having a lovely little Saturday. After unusually cold weather we have a nice sunny day here in Charleston, we've been enjoying!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Lovely images! Happy Valentines day!
Love your blog! Great topics!
Jamie Herzlinger

Sarah Klassen said...

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend, Daniella!

This is so so pretty... I grew up with Norfolk Rose via Waverly (image no.04 -- chair) as my Mother LOVES the print. The dining room chairs are upholstered in this print, and i must say, it wears and ages so beautifully. She keeps thinking she will have them recovered, but cannot. (they have been covered in the fabric for 15 years!) Love the stacked trunks in that area, also, as well as the bed in the first image—so pretty :)

sending hugs your way * Happy Valentine's Day

Jacquelyn said...

Hi Daniella,

As Sarah said, I love Waverly Norfolk Rose - it pairs so well with stripes too - I even have an extra 5 meters of it in my sewing room ;) the pattern is romantic...I also love Cabbages & Roses faded flower pattern "Constance Raspberry" - I don't love all florals patterns, but the ones you've captured in this post is a look that is timeless...

Amanda Ford said...

Happy Valentine Day!

Query said...

I love your blog, and these gorgeous pics are just perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin