3.01.2011

farmhouse style...


Is this not one of the loveliest dining rooms you've ever seen? So comfortable and relaxed... I love the farmhouse table and the tea towel runners draped casually across the table. Paired with single blooms and pink votives, what a welcoming spot to gather, eat, and share with family and friends. I can just picture a group headed over for brunch... it has that perfect "homey" feeling, no?

Photo: Scan by myself from Setting Up Home by Gail Abbott, photo by David Britain

12 comments:

Sunday Taylor said...

Love this, it looks so English and cozy. Just the feeling I crave on a chilly March day.

onagracenote said...

This is a lovely room - so relaxed and airy.

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

It indeed feels very cozy, so lovely! The flowers and daylight do have an importation part in the whole I think. Perfect for family meals, I'm thinking of a late Sunday breakfast...hmm:)

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

It definitely feels very cozy and inviting- I imagine a great slow dinner being served- lovely!

ashley @ ashleynicolecatherine said...

so pretty! i just love the all white, off-set by wood. and the pink flowers, of course!

ps - i'm hosting a giveaway starting today!

spqrxxi said...

Any idea where the table might come from? It is narrow and seems to have very nice proportions.

Andrea @ Andrea Reh said...

For as long as I can remember I have spent my daydreams at wooden table-tops at villas in France... this is just how those dreams look.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Karina Russell said...

I love that the wall color matches the dishes and the pink flowers really warm it up.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this!! so homey and bright!

claire said...

I likey!!!

Kristin said...

This is sooo nice!!!

Kristin xo

Hazel said...

gorgeous! I wish for a kitchen table like that...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin