3.02.2011

spring shade...



Ultra-soothing and calming on this hectic day i've had... I'm loving all shades of a lovely light purple. Simple white pillows with a little floral print look perfectly sweet amongst all white bedding and a scalloped-trimmed blanket. And the lavender wall is just as stunning, and just dark enough, to make that pretty, little white table pop, don't you think? Whether it's used a little or a lot, lilac and lavender are perfect for Spring to come... a favourite colour, and flowers too!

Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor from Setting Up Home by Gail Abbott, photographers Polly Wreford (1) and Tom Leighton (2)

12 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

and HOW refreshing! I adore both of these colors, especially in Spring, when the air feels fresh and the sun is out... so lovely, Daniella. And also, an email coming your way soon :)

Hope you're having a great evening,
xoxo

Deanna Pai said...

Just painted my bedroom a pretty lavender shade, so I'm really loving this!

Andrea @ Andrea Reh said...

Love lilac & lavender... eternally calming.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Coco Moi said...

Joy,beautiful thoughts and many wonderful sensations.....OUTSTANDING...
thank you
coco.

strī-linga said...

i love it. it's so soothing

Twigart said...

Beautiful, lavender is so soothing and delicate, these images might just inspire me to get the paint out.

Http://twig art.blogspot.com

Théa Unknown said...

My room is lilac and it's so nice to sleep..
Great photos..!


xo
Théa Unknown
http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

amy b.s. said...

i have seriously been considering lavender for one of my rooms in my home. this simply makes a case for it!

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Lovely! So perfect for spring indeed!

elizabeth jaime said...

Ahhhhh, caaaalm. Thanks, I needed that!

x Elizabeth / http://www.inbetweenseams.com

ginger said...

This IS the most soothing color. I've used it in my basement apartments to keep them from feeling so cavelike. Lovely post.


creambyginger.blogspot.com

ashley @ ashleynicolecatherine said...

oh so pretty!!

xo.ashley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin