3.21.2011

weekend moments + a winner...









Hello, hello... hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was lots of fun! My boyfriend spoiled me with early-birthday treats... dinner & a movie, ice cream, and a pretty pink dress. And yesterday I had a day with the girls for a late brunch at Coquine, a few stops for macarons, madeleines and cupcakes (I had raspberry), and exploring a pretty parisian store. It turned into quite the french-themed day!

I managed to snap these photos of one of the bakeries we stopped by called Bobbette & Belle. It's absolutely gorgeous inside! Bright white, with big windows, chandeliers and girly decor... it was just my kind of place! The plate collection is actually held up with industrial velcro, which is pretty neat... an idea you could certainly try out at home. I recommend a visit if you're ever in Toronto.

Also, the lucky blogger behind Absolutely White, is the winner of the Dear June giveaway! Congrats, I will be in touch soon. Thanks to everyone who entered and left such lovely comments. Romina's work is beautiful!

Photos: All by Daniella of Dress, Design & Decor (taken with my iPhone)

22 comments:

bre said...

that pastry shop is simply lovely!

C said...

Happy Birthday in advance! Just recieved a box of Laduree macarons as a gift so this post is perfect! Can't believe you snapped such beautiful pictures with your iphone.

Designwali said...

mmmmmmm....

escapade said...

Love this little Leslieville stop
happy happy Birthday in advance!
xo

a lovely mess. said...

the macaron topped cake has my mouth watering! happy birthday!

Amanda Keenan said...

Yeay! It was so fun! Happy that we were able to get together! And thanks for not posting that photo of me with the cupcake. hehe.

amy b.s. said...

everything looks so pretty. and yummy!

Daniella said...

Bre - It really is beautiful!

C - Aw, thanks for the early wishes!enjoy your laduree macarons, lucky!

Shar - Right around where my friend lives! Thanks for the early bday wishes! :)

A Lovely Mess - I know, isn't it so pretty? Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Amanda - hahaha, I wouldn't post that, no worries! I emailed you the other ones of us though... fun day!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday!
I haven't been by B&B but your pics make it look so pretty! Did you get a chance to check out the lovely new shop Lovethedesign at Queen & Greenwood while you were in the neighbourhood.

Lily said...

Love all the photos of the bakery !!

xxLily
goldandgray.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

What a gorgeous pastry shop!

Caitlin said...

What beautiful images of this shop - I want to go! Hope you have a wonderful birthday week! xx

Philigry said...

happy belated birthday! sounds like you had a lovely time.
love the pictures of the bakery. so inspiring.

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

Yum! I've always wanted to swing by there - I must do it soon!

Happy early birthday!

kittykatoure said...

delicious! There is ALWAYS room for dessert. Especially on your special day of birth! Hope you enjoyed every yummy moment!

dCc said...

This post is darling and delicious! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

xx.

Forever Lovely said...

How lovely! I love the plate collage against the blackboard wall, such a cute idea and adds a fun contrast :) Thanks for sharing!

-Forever Lovely
http://foreverlovelydesign.blogspot.com/

Faith said...

That bakery... wow! Lovely photos!

Sasha {Everything Fabulous} said...

OMG your pictures are amazing!!! when is your birthday?? glad you had a great weekend!

Jan's camera said...

Hi, Daniella, I love your photos. Can you please tell me how you got the nice border frame on these? Happy Birthday.

Daniella said...

Thanks for the early bday wishes everyone!

Sasha - It's tomorrow! (wed 23)

Jan - Thanks! I scanned in an old photo of my mother's, and using photoshop I created the shadows and a mask to swap in photos on on the inside. I save the layered file of the frame and use it a lot for my personal photos.

Jan's camera said...

Thanks for the info. Your iPhone takes great photos. I think I need to get one some day soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin