4.14.2011

another secret garden...



While sitting inside and resting today I noticed the view out of my 7th floor window is getting just a little bit greener day by day... you can tell just by the colour of the grass in everyone's backyards. Whenever I do move out of this location, I think the view is what i'll miss most, but I would trade it all for my own little secret garden like this. I absolutely love the stonewall entrance, framing a little hidden hideaway of all kinds of beautiful flora and fauna beyond... especially those gorgeous small-flower climbing roses. It's all a little bit English, and a little bit French...

Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor from French Garden Style by Georges Leveque & Marie-Francoise Valery, photos also by Georges Leveque

10 comments:

Lily said...

What pretty photos !! Such beautiful roses..I hope I can have a garden like that one day !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

annawithlove said...

absolutely gorgeous photos! x
http://www.annawithlove.com

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

So pretty! I adore old English gardens!

Brooke said...

Absolutely stunning! Do you know where this garden is? I'd love to know.

Daniella said...

Brooke - It's a garden in France, beautiful, isn't it? I can find the exact location later... it's someone private garden of course.

Lindsay Jewell said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos.

escapade said...

Oh I just love this - reminds me of The Secret Garden, one of my absolute favourites growing up!

Jacquelyn said...

I love these garden photos...I am a passionate gardener :) I cut back my rambling roses severely this spring and hope I haven't lost them as we've had unusually cool weather in Vancouver...normally the rule here is when the witch hazel blooms, cut the roses back...but this year, that may not be so...I'll try to remember to send you a photo of my favorite David Austin Heritage Roses in my garden, their smell is as divine as their bloom :)

Daniella said...

Jacquelyn - Oh I hope the roses come back! I'd love to see a pic! My Nono used to plant sooo many roses in his garden when he was alive, It's something I remember the most about my grandparents house. There's still some there surviving all along the driveway without any real help along the way, which is nice!

Daniella said...

Shar - Yes! That movie is one of my favs too, I have it on DVD, lol...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin