4.12.2011

currently coveting :: spring things for the table...



Recently I picked up two sets of simple, round, off-white dishes... the complete opposite of my indestructible square Corelle ones I purchased when I moved into my first apartment. I just wanted something warmer and a little more "natural" for Spring and Summer fêtes, and I then came across this gorgeous photo by Honey & Jam, with the perfect setting of mixed bowls and tea towels in natural hues, but cheerful tones. It seems so fitting since I was looking to start a more beloved collection. Pieces like this bring much more personality to the table, don't you think? I'm loving shades of light spring green, barely there coral, floral patterns and off-white classics like the latte bowls. And how pretty is that gingham plate with the little bee? These would certainly brighten up any tablescape for the warmer weather ahead...

Do you have a favourite pottery shop, be it on Etsy or a more well-known store? I would love to know!

Photo: By Hannah of Honey & Jam, edited into frame by Dress, Design & Decor
Products: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - striped & plain, 10

25 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I like the coral and the dragonflies!

amy b.s. said...

i love that lotus dinnerware!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I actually "throw pots" for a hobby (it's become a bit of an obession, actually!) and love using things made by my own hands. Email me if you ever need something specific, I'm always looking for new projects!

vojacque said...

love the color combination! so pretty!

Nicole said...

Really like the pictures, especially the kitchen towels. LOVE those.

Shannon said...

What a great set! Do you mind if I ask what tool you used to create your set?

Daniella said...

Deanna - Oh! So good to know! I will keep that in mind, thanks :)

lindsay marie said...

oh oh oh, I have the coral striped anthro mug! I love how it looks more than using it though, its very big!

MissMiranda said...

I love those watercolor petal dishes. Great...now I am craving them too! :) Thanks for inspiring me!

Tamra of walkswithBella said...

so lovely! I think I need to swing by Anthropologie this week, bc I am loving those coral bowls.

Miz.November said...

I adore the look of a mismatched table. I would have a hard time trying to pull the look off, though. My OCD side would surely not have it!

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Love your picks!! The colours are so perfect!

The Iconic Blog said...

I'm partial to www.luxurymonograms.com for table linens. :)

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Elizabeth said...

Loving all the neutrals. I will always be a fan of clean understatement.

Caitlin said...

Lovely picks. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and the sun to shine all the time :)

carolyn said...

i have definitely had my eye on those watercolor flower plates! haven't spotted them in-store yet, though. this just reminded me to check again. great post!

xo
carolyn

manvi @ mochatini said...

fab roundup daniella. im soo into coral/apricot tones with seafoam and aqua this spring. the watercolor from anthropologie are too cute.

Keyla M. Rosas R. said...

oh i like this post! are we following each other?? I always follow back! i love the feedback! = )


kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

Suomi said...

Love, love, LOVE this blog! You say everything that I’m thinking and more. You’ve definitely shed light on a subject that not many people can argue with. You’re so good at getting what you want to say out there in a way that intelligent and entertaining. I’m really impressed, man. REALLY impressed.

Sarah Klassen said...

Hello Daniella,

Oh well... I must say, this is just lovely! You see, it would be far more fun (for me at least) if we had a fun Summer party *sigh* with treats and pretty things... I am in love with the gingham bee plate, I must say. It would look so lovely with my French glassware:

http://petiturl.com/2e8

I adore Henry Dean and also:

http://www.lindeanmillglass.co.uk/index.php

For pottery, perhaps:

http://www.summerillandbishop.com/tableware.html

:)

classiq said...

The coral bowl and mug are my favourites. Such lovely finds! :)

Alexa said...

These are adorable...so spring! Would LOVE them on my table! :)

Lexi said...

All of these pieces are beautiful! I just discovered your blog and I'm swooning already.

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Claire Gibson King said...

I want everything you picked out too!

Kathryn said...

Love this round-up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin