4.02.2011

field of dreams...












If you've been reading for while, you might remember me mentioning that one of my very favourite VOGUE shoots is the Alice in Wonderland editorial featuring Natalia Vodianova quite a few years back. Well, this shoot "Field of Dreams" is another absolute favourite, curiously enough, featuring Natalia again. It has such a feel good, adorably precious feeling to it, don't you think? I love all the frolicking through the forest, floral fabrics, tweed, ribbon, chiffon... and a lot of pretty pink! It's the perfect editorial to bring up warm feelings of Spring, and an easy, care-free day where exploring nature is all you need for a little family fun. I love this editorial...

I hope you have a fun Spring weekend too! I bought a a nice, tan-coloured trench-like coat today and I just received these classic black ballet flats in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to start wearing them with lighter layers, hopefully soon!

Have a happy weekend, and of course, some links...


Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor from treasured VOGUE tear sheets - Nov 2008 - Natalia Vodianova & family, shot by Mario Testino

22 comments:

Patterson said...

One of my favorites too! So sweet

BonjourRomance said...

What a beautiful family, and they look like they are having so much fun together!
Bon weekend,
Mimi

Lily said...

Beautiful photos...they are magical ! Have a great weekend !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

melody-mae said...

totally agree. these photos are just dreamy!

Kristin said...

Ooooh, these photos are absolutely gorgeous!!! Wish I could do this with my family - how exciting:) Have a great weekend and hope you get to wear your flats soon!

xo

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Oh wow! The first 2 dresses are STUNNING! Such a pretty photo shoot!

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

hey! i have that photo of her & the little girl in hunters kissing saved on my computer because I thought it was adorable - i had no idea it was her & it was for this photo shoot! awesome! x

Amanda Keenan said...

Cute shoes... what about the trench? I'm in total need of one too!
xo
-A

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Mario Testino is a genius- period. Absolutely love this editorial. Also loving those book covers you linked too- amazing!! Happy weekend!

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

Absolutely love this series of shots...it's saved in my inspiration books. And this is the kind of weekend we're having here...off to the botanic gardens!

Plami said...

Such a beautiful editorial ! Thank you so much for sharing!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Daniella said...

Thanks everyone! It is a gorgeous editorial! Hope your weekend is going well.

Amanda - Trench/coat is from H&M, couldn't find a link for it!

Tamra @walkswithBella said...

Great editorial!! That red dress is dreammmmy.

Best, Tamra

tamrasanford.blogspot.com

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

My heart fly away...so wonderful photos and so special feeling by!!!

Thank you so very much for share...

Much warm hugs from Spring:-)*

***Violetta***

hotelsdesignmonde said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL PICS !!!
Natalia is gorgeous and his family too!
Mario Testino, one of the best photographer in the world !
Great work !

http://hotelsdesign.blogspot.com

Elle said...

These pictures are so adorable! :)

bre said...

these photos are lovely. i would like to have my family to have a shoot like this!

Andrea @ Andrea Reh said...

This is my favourite Natalia Vodianova shoot - she looks so incredibly, naturally beautiful.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Beauty Spotter said...

I really want my hair like this!!

andrea despot said...

the alice in wonderland story was my favorite ever as well. i've been cleaning and recently got rid of all my old vogue magazines. the one with natalia as alice was the only one i kept :)

M&M said...

Hi!
Nice blog and I'm following it now... :)

I hope you like mine 2. http://la-vie-en-vertclair.blogspot.com/
Take care** lots of kisses**

Moonkitten said...

Hello,
I've been following your blog for a while. I have always loved this Vogue photo shoot with Natalia Vodianova!
Leah
knitmoonkitten.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin