4.29.2011

like a fairytale...











By now most of you have probably seen plenty of photos and videos from the royal wedding of Catherine and William (now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge), but I just can't help myself to post my own little ode to the wedding. Perfectly stunning and elegant in every way, Kate was absolutely gorgeous in her Alexander McQueen dress, wasn't she? Like a modern-day Grace Kelly! I loved her sleeves, the lace was amazing, and she wore the Cartier Halo Tiara paired with her long veil. I found her flowers beautifully understated, and wasn't Pippa's dress just a dream? Loved the ceremony and all those hats too, but I still can't get over that carriage with white horses! Talk about completing the fairytale. Their cake is beautifully detailed as expected (and there's a chocolate one for the groom's cake). I thought their balcony kisses were so sweet too... they looked so happy (and relieved, lol). *Sigh*... what a wonderful white wedding. I'm so happy I got up early to watch!

I wonder what the receptions will look like now (afternoon and evening events)?

Photos: British Monarchy Flickr, CTV, and AP

22 comments:

Fay said...

It certainly was wONDERFUL fay xxx

Plami said...

I was speechless! everything was so beautiful! They looked so happy and in love with each other! I guess sometimes fairytale are real!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

LouBoo said...

You have made this your own...lovely images that I don't think I will tire of for a long time! Such a wonderful day. Lou x

And So I Whisper said...

It was a beautiful wedding! I am also happy I woke up earlier today to watch it.
Have a great weekend.

Laura Bielecki of Luxury Interiors said...

Great collection of images. Kate was truly radiant! What a beautiful fairytale wedding. Thank you for sharing the best of from this great day.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Beautiful post. I started tearing up the moment she stepped out of the car before the wedding. She just looked so elegant!!

Linh said...

Beautiful pictures and she was glowing. What a beautiful gown - it fit her perfectly and the laced sleeves were brilliant. I loved it all :)
xoxo
-linh
http://la-linh.blogspot.com

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Definitely a perfect fairytale- I thought Kate's dress was perfection- adore the lace, her tiara and the veil..so so pretty.

' Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sσrℓisค ... , said...

it was a fairytale indeed! =D

Jenna Lee said...

she is beautiful, everything was perfect. Love that shes constantly smiling ear to ear!

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

That first image is my favorite of the collection- love the quatrefoil pattern in the background and her figure is absolute perfection. She made for a beautiful, graceful bride, and they really did look happy.

The Bloomwoods said...

Same here I just had to post a few wedding photos!

We got our teachers to whats the wedding online all day long ;)
who says collage is hard lol

Vaka

Heather said...

So unbelievably lovely. it must have felt so unbelievably surreal to be marrying a prince.

Jess said...

It's a wonderful summary and some of these images I haven't seen yet. Where is the first one from exactly? I just love it so much. Thank you!

Lily said...

Definitely a modern day Grace Kelly...stunning !!!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

A Casa da Vá said...

Agreed! And the white horses... so princess like!

Hugs & kisses from Rio!
http://acasadava.blogspot.com

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Lovely post! Definitely glad I got up early as well :)

eclecticrevisited said...

lovely wedding and I love your collection of pics of it...
maureen

Ivana said...

Lovely post and beautiful photos!!!

xx Ivana

http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

AnnaPaulaB said...

Once upon a time...
AnnaP

Sarah Jane said...

these pictures are beautiful, i love how you captured the couple, i could stare at these all day;)

Alexa said...

Absolutely beautiful!
xoxo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin