4.18.2011

spring intentions...



This past weekend certainly was an interesting mix of snow, sun, rain, snow, sun, rain, snow, sun, rain again, in practically half hour intervals! Crazy weather that's for sure, but I suppose that's just the way Spring is, with hopefully warmer days to come. I'm looking forward to leaving all the windows open during the day, enjoying a little balcony weather, and dining outside! My balcony is looking a little sad now that Winter has passed, and it's definitely time to start sprucing things up... cleaning the bistro set, emptying the flower pots, and adding new Spring flowers that can withstand a little stormy weather. Can't wait for it to look like a little oasis again!

I hope you all have a great start to the week. It's a short one for us, with this Friday being an Easter holiday. I love Easter for all it's Spring-like intentions and the softest pastel hues, so hopefully I come across some pretty Easter inspiration this week to share...

Photos: Scans by Dress, Design & Decor from House & Home May 2011, photos by Andreas Von Einsiedel, home of Monique Waqué. The rest of this little cottage feature in the mag is gorgeous - worth checking out!

14 comments:

Designwali said...

i want spring to come too! real quick!

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Here's wishing I was sitting at that little bistro table and chairs in the first image. *sigh*

Simone said...

Beautiful photos!!

The Iconic Blog said...

I hear ya. Spring needs to hurry it up! I've been waiting to throw a party on my rooftop for too long.xx

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Gorgeous photos! Definitely ready to finish exams and just sit and do nothing for a little while :)

amy b.s. said...

i am dreaming of warmth and these photos.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

You always have the most divinely pretty photographs- this was gorgeous!

Caitlin said...

beautiful images, makes me want to host a dinner party outside....if only I had a terrace or garden :)

hope you had a lovely weekend!

Jacquelyn said...

you are such a sweet person! thank you so much for the card... :) you can't imagine how wonderfully surprised I was to receive it in the mail today - it has made my whole week :)

And I love this post - I too am longing for spring and summer to arrive so I can enjoy my courtyard again - I just cleaned the leaves from the gravel on Saturday and will be sewing french mattress cushions for my iron chairs (hopefully soon) ...you have me dreaming of better days

Have a wonderful week

Andrea said...

What a lovely, dreamlike space. If only we could see what the house looks like... I bet it's gorgeous.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

fidji said...

The windows opened, the fresh morning air, the birds chatting away, a flavourful mug of coffee in hand and just taking in such a beautiful moment: your pictures are very inspiring Danielle !
Fidji from www.irresistibleparis.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

So glad everyone liked them! I am dying for Spring to get here and actually STAY!

Jacquelyn - You are very welcome! I'm glad you liked it :)

Plami said...

This looks magical!!! Thank you for sharing! I love spring so much!

XoxO
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Wanderlusting Fool said...

wow these are some amazing pics. i hope some day to have a little outdoor space even a fraction as nice as this :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin