5.19.2011

beautiful bookshelves...


Recently I noticed my book collection has really grown over the years. I have stacks on a bookshelf, piles in two closet shelves, and a few favourites by my bedside. I go back to a lot of them over and over again. I love that i've created my own collection of favourites, but it would be so much better to have some nice built-in shelves to display them on. I love the look of ones that fall right into the wall, but also when the shelf pops outs from the wall, like above. Makes it look like your books were meant to be stored there all along, all happy in their library-like setting, no?

Photo: Lonny Mag archives, May/Jun 2011, Interior Design by John Loecke

6 comments:

dCc said...

LOVE this inspiration! I have a large built in bookshelf in my apartment and it has taken me almost 3 years to fill it! So fun to collect so many books and treasures.

xx
dCc

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Built in or out bookshelves like these are very beautiful, would love to have that too. The best bookshelves for me are those built around doors that separate a room, if you know what I mean <3

devshreehb said...

Hi,on my way of collecting books and want to have lovely way of displaying them....but Dan' just one question,all your pics are just fab. and very classy,which photo editor you use?pls tell

Apt. #34 said...

this was one of my absolute favorite shots from last month's Lonny. I'm plotting builtins for our remodel too. They're ze best! Hope you're well lovely lady!!

bre said...

i also have an ever growing library, and haven't really been storing my books properly. thanks for this inspiration!

Samantha Kay said...

I filled my built in with books just recently. I like it better this way! Love your blog!

[samanthakayjewelry.blogspot.com]

Blog Widget by LinkWithin