6.23.2011

tying the knot :: bride book...








Recently my Dad has been cleaning out the basement of their house to get ready for dry-walling and painting, and this past weekend he came across this little book called "Going To Be A Bride?". It turns out it was my Mom's wedding book that she used while planning when she was in Scotland. (They got married in Canada.) It's by a woman named Dolli Tingle who also did all the illustrations. Isn't is it adorable? My Mom wrote down everything from her list of bridesmaids, to where the wedding would take place, possible "first dance" songs, and notes about her dress. My Martha Stewart Weddings Planner seems gigantic in comparison, but I hope to hold on to it all for just as many years. It's so nice to keep, don't you think?

She also wrote this in the back about a Scottish tradition, which I thought was pretty funny...

"Saturday, July 3rd, 1982, all my relatives will be here for my "going away" party, and hopefully, i'll get dressed up in a funny costume, and be taken round the streets to kiss all the men i'll see. It's a Scottish tradition, and I know we'll have a laugh."

Photos: My own

11 comments:

Julie Khuu said...

I Love this!! How incredible was it to unearth such a treasure!? This is just a reminder to take a minute to live and breathe each moment as it comes and cherish those moments forever! Vintage mementos like these would make awesome bridal gifts! Perfect for the tons of weddings I've got lined up this year :D

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Pink Ronnie said...

This is just too beautiful. Love that simple blue cover.
How precious for your mum to have rediscovered this while you're preparing for your wedding! I had a gigantic wedding folder as well. Aaaahhh.... the memories...
Ronnie xo

Jenna Lee said...

What a great find. I love this. I love finding stuff like this. Makes your heart happy

for design's sake {sandi} said...

This is a really really cute book. I love the cover. Things were so much simpler back then in terms of options, but also a bit limiting, I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

What a fun idea! Such a great keepsake!

Josslynn Nicole said...

Too sweet! That Scottish tradition is in the movie Made of Honor, funny that it's true!
xoxo
josslynn nicole

josslynn1989.blogspot.com

Amber {imagine.create.play} said...

How very special to find such a treasure. It must mean so much to you. xoxo

Amanda Keenan said...

Aww Daniella. This is just way to adorable! :) You're going to have so much fun planning I'm sure.

Creategirl said...

so sweet! I just bought a book to keep all my wedding things in and hope someday my children will find it as interesting as you did with your Moms!

Tamsyn said...

How special to find the book after all these years xx

MissBliss said...

This book is precious! The story about the going away party is wonderful; we're always seeing funny bachelorette parties here in South Beach... I love her line, "I know we'll have a laugh."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin